Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, June 22, 2013

Turrican (C64)

1:43 PM
Turrican loading screen commodore 64
"Hello and welcome to Turrican, be my guest! Another day another try, but remember... shoot or die! Ha ha ha!"
Today I'm playing legendary run and gun platformer Turrican, created by two of the blokes that brought the world The Great Giana Sisters: designer Manfred Trenz and musician Chris Hülsbeck. Apparently some anonymous artist with the initials 'MT' thought it'd be good idea to entirely rip off this badass Manowar album cover for this loading screen artwork, and hey it probably was. Definitely smarter than ripping off something like Lovesexy by Prince anyway.

Turrican came out on a lot of systems and is probably best known as an Amiga game, but I'm going to be mainly focusing on the C64 version as it's the original all the others were based on. Shouldn't take me long to regret that choice I expect.
Read on »

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer