Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, July 6, 2015

Kirby's Adventure (NES)

12:44 AM
Kirby's Adventure title screen
Here you go, I'm finally taking a look at one of the Kirby games for you and... whoa, this came out in 1993? That's incredibly late for a NES game, especially when it's the console début of one of Nintendo's star characters. I thought they stopped inventing new IPs in 1986.

Kirby's Adventure is really the second game in the series though, as he first showed up a year earlier in Kirby's Dream Land on the Game Boy. Like the Incredible Hulk, Kirby started out grey and switched to his iconic hue in his second appearance. I was asked to skip the handheld original and play the NES game specifically, as it introduces the power stealing gimmick that became Kirby's signature skill. Makes sense to me, plus it doesn't hurt that it'll be in colour so I'll get prettier screenshots out of it.
Read on »

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer